Healthy Living & Weight Management Programme
Kensington Partnership is offering a new healthy living programme to provide support and information for patients who want to make positive lifestyle changes and lose weight.
This programme is being delivered by the Health Care Assistants at Kensington Partnership.
It is for patients who have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of more than 34, who are not diabetic and who are not already on an intensive lifestyle change programme (ILCP).
The course is made up of 6 sessions over the course of 10 weeks.
As part of the programme patients are being provided with:
- A pedometer (to record the number of steps taken each day)
- A Personal Health Action Plan Diary
- Information leaflets (including on portion sizes, the Eat Well Plate, healthy recipes, and sugar, salt and fat intake)
- Vouchers for either Slimming World or Weight Watchers
- BEEP referrals (for patients who want to join a gym)
- A water bottle
The programme includes discussions on healthy eating, physical activity and overcoming barriers to a healthy lifestyle. Patients are supported in setting and achieving their goals.
The practice has invested in a new BMI measurement machine for patients to use as part of the programme.
This course has started, if you would like to participate or for further information please contact the Practice (tel: 01274 499209).