Appointments can be booked and cancelled in three ways:
- -Online, if you are registered with SystmOne: please click here (A new window will open.)
- -By telephone: please call 01274 499209 and select Option 1
- -In person at the surgery reception or online.
We offer routine appointments bookable up to 3 weeks in advance; and release appointments at 8.00 am on the day for acute illnesses.
Please understand that the Receptionist is required to ask a few standard questions about the patient’s condition. The Receptionist is also required to check your contact details, to make sure that the information we have is up to date.
If there are no appointments left, the Receptionist will ask some questions according to a strict protocol established by the doctors, in order to determine whether it is a clinical emergency. (That is, whether there is an imminent risk of a dangerous deterioration in the patient’s condition.) Only in such cases is the Receptionist authorized to request the doctor to telephone the patient later in the day. Please note that the doctor will only make one attempt to telephone the patient.
If you wish, we can send you SMS messages to confirm your appointments. Please make sure that we have your up-to-date mobile telephone number.
There are always more people wanting appointments than there are appointments available. So if you find that you cannot attend for your appointment, or if you don’t need it after all, please do cancel it, so that somebody else can have the benefit of it.
Help us to help you:
- Cancel unwanted appointments in good time.
- Arrive in time for appointments. Late arrivals will only be seen at the doctor’s discretion.
- Treat Practice staff with the same courtesy and friendliness as you would expect from them.
- Please be prepared to give additional information to Practice staff when requested. Additional information will only be requested when it is necessary for a doctor to make a proper decision on how to proceed.
- Wherever possible, if you require medical advice or an appointment, please telephone the surgery between 08:00 and 10:00.
- Make a separate appointment for each patient.
- Tell us if you change your address or telephone number.
Translators are available upon request in the following languages:
Urdu, Punjabi, Gujarati, Slovak, Polish, Czech and Hindi.
GP registrars / students
This is a training Practice and you may be seen by a GP Registrar.
Student doctors and nurses are occasionally attached to the practice. On occasion you may be asked to consent to having a video recording made of your consultation. You will be informed in advance and should advise reception if you have any objections.