With 34% of children leaving primary school overweight, Change4Life has launched a new campaign, “make a swap when you next shop”, encouraging families to cut back on sugar. To complement the national campaign, Change4Life has created interactive lesson plans in partnership with teachers, qualified nutritionists and dental professionals.
The new Change4Life resources include:
- English lesson plan PowerPoints and worksheets, including songs and a poster, comic strip and persuasive letter template for children aged 5 to 11 years old (school years 1 to 6)
- Maths lesson plan PowerPoints and worksheets for each school year for children aged 5 to 11 years old (school years 1 to 6)
- Early years lesson plan PowerPoint for children under 5 years old (nursery and Reception)
- Tilly the Tooth lesson plans for children aged 5 to 11 years old (school years 1 to 6), in which pupils set up a simple science experiment to observe how sugar can affect teeth, and learn about making better choices to stay healthy
- Display board print-outs for schools to showcase their pupils’ work and promote healthier swaps to families
- Recipe idea print-outs with healthy recipes from around the world for teachers to make with pupils and send home to families